For long, marketers were being asked by the clients or bosses to make the cover image “clickable”. By that, they meant hyperlinking the banner to a site of their own to drive traffic. While marketing agencies chuckled in the past at such requests, Facebook has finally heard the call and have launched a brand new (and FREE) Call to Action (CTA) button. Placed right on the cover image, alongside the “Like” button, this position has some amazing real estate value and is sure to add to the traffic of brands & companies.
The best part is that it is “free”. As in, you do not pay Facebook a dime for the traffic you generate through the clicks on this CTA button. Pretty strange, I believe, because Facebook could have made a real killing with this button by making it a paid feature. But may be, this is still in beta and we may only get to know later what Facebook does with this feature.
It is easy to install these CTA button on your Facebook cover image. A solid Call-to-Action can be the key to motivate users to take the action that the marketers want them to, whether the customers are visiting the page for information or to make purchases. Thus, the more it gets noticed; more actions are likely to take place. As per the objectives you have set for your Facebook page, whether it is to drive traffic, sign-ups, buyers or even download the company’s app, the marketers can add a call-to-action to the left of the Like button to entice the users or visitors to complete the action that is been created. Along with the ability to add this Call to Action button to the brand’s Page, it also prepares to monitor the click results. The options for call-to-action are as under –
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
The Call to Action button is the new change. The marketers can advertise on Page, advertise with the posts but with Call to Action button at the top of the Page, where it is very easy for the visitors to find it, can help to drive the business goals forward. This feature can link to any page on or off Facebook that goes in line with the business and its objectives.
This is how it can be added to the Facebook Page –
- Login as the Admin of the page.
- Just next to the Like button on the brand’s Page in the cover phone, there will be a drop down to set up the Call to Action button.
- Facebook will then take it through a wizard to choose the Call to Action option. The first question is divided into two parts –
- Choose the Call to Action phrase.
- Choose where the company would like to send people who click on the button.Decide if the company would like iOS and Android users as well to visit the same web page/link or it can also be linked directly to the app if the company has one.
- Save Changes and counts to number of likes that it may get.
I hope it helps. For any queries or questions, feel free to comment below!